Volvo Penta exhibits a powerful line-up at CONEXPO/CON-AGG3/7/17
Volvo Penta is showcasing its current line-up of leading internationally-renowned Stage IV/Tier 4 Final diesel engines at CONEXPO/CON-AGG. The North American and international off-road engine market has grown in recent years, thanks to the upturn in most business segments following the economic recession. And as future engine requirements change, Volvo Penta is well placed to offer a smooth transition for customers.
“The success of our Tier 4 Final engines has led to increasing customer demand and consequently growth for us in the North American market,” says Ron Huibers, president of Volvo Penta of the Americas. “As a premium engine manufacturer, we approach development of products with customer requirements at the heart of our operations. It’s particularly great to see how the North American market for off-road diesel engines has increased since the last CONEXPO show of 2014, and we expect this momentum to continue in the future. We at Volvo Penta are well placed to offer OEMs the best quality engines, across any application.”
Leading products on the international stage
Volvo Penta is displaying several of its leading engines, from 5-16 liters, to an international audience at the trade show in Las Vegas. These include:
Volvo Penta D5 Engine
- Volvo Penta’s five-liter industrial engines are equipped with a common rail fuel system and are some of the most powerful four-cylinder diesel engines available.
- Available in 143-218 hp range, the D5 performs on a par with larger six-cylinder engines and offers exceptional torque at low RPMs.
- The Tier 4 Final engines use proven SCR technology, eliminating impacts related to regeneration.
- These compact engines with their corresponding Exhaust Aftertreatment System are easy to build into OEM machines and equipment with limited space.
Volvo Penta D8 Open Power Unit (PowerPac)
- Volvo Penta will showcase its fuel-efficient EPA Tier 4 Final open power unit (PowerPac) for industrial applications.
- The 218-320 hp D8 featured at the show, which is part of the 5 to 16-liter product portfolio, utilizes Volvo Penta’s proven SCR technology with light exhaust gas recirculation.
Competitive solutions for the future
Volvo Penta will not only show its current leading products, but also its competitive solutions for the future. Forthcoming Stage V emissions regulations are scheduled to be introduced in Europe in 2019, and Volvo Penta is ready for the change. The company will reveal its Stage V concept, including an engine and perfectly matched aftertreatment system, to a global audience at the show. The Stage V solution will be on display at the Volvo Penta stand in the North Hall, booth 10036, where product specialists will be available to talk to visitors. Full details of the solution will also be unveiled during the Volvo Group’s press conference at 10am on March 8, at booth N-258 in the North Hall.
“We are ready to provide a smooth transition for customers,” says Giorgio Paris, Volvo Penta’s head of the industrial segment. “It’s a challenging but exciting opportunity to move forward in a way that will benefit machine operators, the environment and the public at large. We will be building on the expertise and success we have gained globally with our current off-road engine range, and our new Stage V concept will meet the demands of future generations as well as seeing us retain our competitive edge in the diesel engine manufacturing market.”
Volvo Penta will be exhibiting alongside its sister company, Volvo Construction Equipment at the 2017 CONEXPO/CON-AGG trade show in Las Vegas. Visit North Hall booth 10036 for more information about Volvo Penta’s leading solutions for industrial applications, from March 7-11.